You, yes YOU, can run! Learn to LOVE running with ‘City Fit Girls Run for Fun’ weekly fun run group through Center City Philadelphia! Starting Wednesday, September 10th, City Fit Girls will kickoff a 3-mile run (or walk/run) starting at the newly renovated Dilworth Park at City Hall. This “no excuses” run group is open to all levels and we hope to see you there!
Purpose: Set a goal and crush it! Running doesn’t have to be hard. Our goal is to help make running enjoyable and fun! Don’t worry about how long it will take or what others will think, we’re here to have a good time. All you have to do is show up.
How To Join: Just show up! September runs are scheduled on the 10th, 17th, and 24th at 6:30PM. [Runs are subject to change depending on weather – please sign up for updates at cityfitgirls.com]
What’s in it for you?: A supportive group to run with, resources and of course snacks and swag from our partners!
Upcoming Running Events: We want to help YOU prepare for upcoming events in the Philadelphia Region! Check out this list of upcoming events. Choose an event to prepare for and hit the ground running!
- Four Seasons Parkway 5k Run to benefit Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania – September 28th, Register here.
- The Color Run 5k- October 18th, Register here.
- AIDS Run Philly 5k – October 19th, Register here.
- Rothman Institute 8k – November 22nd, Register here.
Is there a run you’d like to see added to this list? Let us know!
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am NOT a runner. Can I still join this group? : Yes. ‘City Fit Girls Run for Fun’ is open to everyone. Our only requirement is that you finish. If you’d like to start with a walk/run, we’ll show you how to do that too! No runner will be left behind because of speed.
- Is there a fee to join? No. City Fit Girls Run for Fun is NOT an instructed/guided program like our amazing Bootcamp or Club Cardio classes. We’re a free community of women who love running, want to learn more about running, and/or love running with others. To learn more about Bootcamp, Personal Training and Club Cardio, click here.
- Is there parking? : Parking in Center City can be tough which is why we chose to meet up at Dilworth Park (City Hall). City Hall is accessible by most forms of public transportation (SEPTA buses, Regional Rail, subway lines, and trolley lines). Click here to find directions via public transportation. If you have to drive, there is limited paid on-street parking and parking garages available in the area.
- Is there a place to put my bags?: City Fit Girls will not provide a place for you to check your bags. Since we’ll only be covering 3-4 miles each week, you’ll only need a water bottle and other emergency items (keys and cell phone).